Sociedad Argentina de Hematología

ISSN 2250-8309

FORMULARIOS

Declaración de Conflictos de Interés

Cesión de Derechos de Autor


Se solicita enviar ambos formularios a: revista@sah.org.ar

 

 

 

Revista Argentina de Hematología

Abstract

Volumen:    22    # Number : 3

Publication Date :    Septiembre - Diciembre    Year:    2018

   ARTÍCULO ORIGINAL

BCR-ABL1 negative myeloproliferative neoplasms: regional distribution of cases

Authors: der A., Zanella L., Lang C., Iommi P., Pombo P., Torreguitart F. ,Garbiero S., Gómez O., Presman M., Brandt M., Peretz F., Taborda G., Beccacece M., Fernández V., Moro D., Aggio M., Nuñez Y., Nenkies M., Silenzi N., Di Paolo H., Díaz G., Vázquez M., Boughen S., Furque M., Pasquali J., Castello MC., Maradei J., Casale F., García A., Perozzi A., Aletti G., Alzueta A., Di Chiara R., Martín N., Martín P., Espina B., Halac A., Venchi R., Bonacorso S., Herrera JC., Martín N., Sandoval M., Agriello E

Abstract: BCR-ABL negative myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPN) are a heterogeneous group of diseases that include: polycythemia vera (PV), essential thrombocythemia (ET) and primary myelofibrosis (PMF); these disorders are characterized by stem cell-derived clonal myeloproliferation with mutually exclusive JAK2 (Janus Kinase 2), CALR (Calreticulin), and MPL (Myeloproliferative leukemia virus oncogene) “drivers” mutations. The aims of the present study were to determine the JAK2 (V617F and exon 12), CALR and MPL mutational frecuency in suspected MNP Argentinian patients; and to evaluate the haematological features at diagnosis. Out of the 604 patients from different health care centers located in the southern region, evaluated during the last 10 years (2007 to 2017), 158 were diagnosed with PV, 191 with ET and 51 with PMF according to 2008/2016 WHO criteria. In PV, 96.8% carried JAK2V617F mutation and the remaining percentage (3.2%) was also negative for JAK2 exon 12 mutations. In ET, the mutational frequencies were JAK2V617F: 66%, CALR: 12.6%, MPL: 2.6% MPL and TN: 18.8%. In PMF, mutational frequencies were JAK2V617F: 68.6%, CALR: 9.8%, MPL: 3.9% MPL and TN: 17.7%. In ET, CALR mutations were associated with younger patients, lower hemoglobin levels, lower leucocyte counts and higher platelet counts compared to mutated JAK2, whereas in PMF patients CALR was associated with a lower leucocyte count compared to JAK-2 mutated. It is highlighted the importance of a complete molecular characterization of the entity taking into account that the mutational status correlates with the patient clinical features and prognosis.

Key words: myeloproliferative neoplasms, JAK2V617F, CALR, MPL.

Pages : 237-243

  Resumen             pdf  

SOCIEDAD ARGENTINA DE HEMATOLOGÍA
Julián Alvarez 146 - Ciudad Autónoma de Bs As - Argentina
(54-11) 4855-2452 / 2485

http://www.sah.org.ar/revista/